ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services provided under the Website from time to time and without prior notice. Please note that we accept no liability to you if the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period of time.
Please note that you may only use the Website for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website in any way or for any purpose that is either fraudulent or that breaches any applicable local, national or international law whatsoever.
In the event that you contact us to provide feedback in respect of any Wine Course or Products that are purchased by you, you must ensure that all such feedback is accurate, the views expressed are genuinely held and must not contain any statement or content that is defamatory.
You are solely responsible for making all appropriate arrangements for you to have access to the Website. You are also solely responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
We carefully select the websites to which the Website is linked, but we are not responsible for the privacy policies of such websites, nor are we responsible for the terms and conditions and content of such websites.
Please note that you are not authorised to create a link to the Website or any part of it without our prior written consent.
The design of this Website, text, pictures, graphics and the selection and arrangement of such materials and all software compilations, coding, underlying source code, software and all other material whatsoever on this website is copyright The Wine Brandsor that of its licensors. Any infringement of copyright in the Website or the materials on it may lead to criminal and/or civil liability. All our rights are specifically reserved.
You are permitted to electronically copy and to print hard copy portions of the Website for the sole purpose of using the Website as a research and information resource provided you agree not to change and/or delete any content, web design and/or layout contained in such material. The use of any other materials on the Website for whatever purpose is strictly prohibited. Please note that you must not use any part of the materials on the Website for any commercial or business purposes.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Please note that all the material and content that we have provided to you on the Website has been so provided without any guarantee, condition or warranty as to its accuracy. To the fullest extent permitted by law we expressly exclude: All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or operation of common law; Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of your use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if the same was foreseeable.
Nothing in this clause or these terms and conditions affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the applicable law (see below).
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute arising from or related to this Website and the services that are offered on it.
COPYING OUR COURSES
The London Wine Company has spent considerable time and resources in developing a range of unique programs for our Wine Courses. These are recognized as being of high quality and excellent value for money. In order to protect our reputation and goodwill, we police our rights, and where we find that infringement has taken place, we have an invariable policy of taking appropriate legal action.
WINE COURSES – TERMS & CONDITIONS
By booking any Wine Course with The Wine Brands, whether by telephone, via our website or via a booking form, these terms and conditions shall apply and you agree to accept such terms and conditions. (the “Terms and Conditions”). Throughout the Terms and Conditions, “We”, “Us” and “Our” shall mean The Wine Brands, “You” or “Your” shall mean you the customer and “Course” or “Courses” (as the context shall admit) shall mean such Wine Course or Courses that You have booked to attend.
1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
We shall take all reasonable care and skill in providing the wine courses. You are solely responsible for ensuring that details submitted to us when booking any course are correct. It is your responsibility to inform us of any food allergies or other dietary requirements in your party within reasonable time for us to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf. This also applies to any person(s) for whom you have purchased a gift voucher.
You must be at least 18 years old to attend one of our courses. By making a booking by whatever means you warrant that at the time of the relevant course taking place for which you have booked you will be 18 years old or over. We reserve the right to require you to produce appropriate proof of age at the commencement of any course/event.
We endeavor to provide courses in accordance with our promotional and offer materials, but we reserve the right to make variations to such courses as may be required from time to time. We shall notify you of any material change that we are making to any wine course that you have booked.
It is your responsibility to update us in writing if there is a change in your contact details.
We are not liable for any damage which may occur to clothing or personal effects at or during the course of any of our courses.
You agree to:
• obey any instructions given to you by your tutor;
• maintain a reasonable standard of safe behavior
1. We shall not be responsible for, or have any liability to you in respect of:
2. accidental damage or injury resulting from the actions or omissions of anyone attending any course;
3. any loss of income or revenue, loss of profits or contracts; or
4. any indirect or consequential loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of contract or negligence.
5. These exclusions do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any matter which we cannot exclude or limit by law.
1. Please note that payment must be made in full at the time of booking any Course. For bookings by telephone and via our website we will require your credit card details. When booking a Course with a booking form you must also provide your valid credit card details clearly on the booking form. Your booking will be accepted once we are in receipt of cleared funds. All fees quoted are inclusive of VAT. Corporate events are quoted exclusive of VAT
2. All places on our courses are allocated strictly in the order that bookings (whether made via telephone, website or completed booking forms) are received.
3. All telephone bookings must be followed up with written confirmation via email or fax.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
Cancellation by us
Cancellation due to Bad Weather
In the event that we have to cancel a course due ( at no fault of our own) to bad weather or other acts of Nature, you will be able to reschedule your booking to any other date within 6 months of the original date or pass the booking to a friend.
Cancellation for other reasons
Occasionally for reasons beyond our control, it is necessary for us to cancel a course. In the event that we have to do so you may re-book (availability permitting) an alternative course and any difference in the course fee will either be reimbursed by us or paid by you. If this is not possible, or you are unable to attend an alternative date or course that we suggest to you, we will refund the full purchase price. In the event that we have to cancel a date and we offer you the option to change your booking to an open voucher and you accept this offer, you then agree to be bound by our terms and conditions relating to open vouchers.
Cancellation by you
When booking as an individual consumer, you may cancel the booking of any course at any time within 7 working days of making your booking, in which case you will receive a full refund minus a £30 administration fee.
If the course you have booked is taking place in less than 7 working days after booking, you agree that your right to cancel will end as soon as we provide services to you.
If you have purchased a course/voucher for a specific one day course and cancel your place on that course/voucher with more than 12 weeks notice, you can request a refund minus a £30 administration fee per person.
If you have purchased a course/voucher for a specific evening course and cancel your place on the entire course with more than 12 weeks notice, you will receive a full refund minus a £60 administration fee per person.
If you book a course/voucher and cancel that course/voucher with less than 12 weeks notice then you will not be able to get a refund but you can reschedule and points 1 – 4 below apply:
Rescheduling Procedure for Wine Courses and Workshops
If you wish to change a booking to another date or another course and you contact us to do so you will be able to transfer to another course, subject to availability, (within 6 months of the original course date) or transfer your place to a friend/colleague or family member. The following charges and rules apply:
When we book courses at our venues we are subject to their own cancellation policies and terms and conditions which invariably impose financial penalties. In consequence, any rescheduling of a booked wine course by you will be charged as follows:
If a booking is rescheduled to another date or course and you contact us to do so with more than 12 weeks prior to the beginning of the event, no fee is charged. If a booking is changed to another date or course between 4 and 12 weeks prior to the event, a £75 administration fee applies for all courses and £30 for one-day events/tastings.
If a booking is changed to another date or course between 3 and 4 weeks prior to the event, a £100 administration fee applies for all courses and £50 for One-day events.
No date changes are allowed with less than 3 weeks prior to any event. However, subject to 5. below, you are welcome to transfer your place to someone else. It is your responsibility to inform us of such transfer prior to the event and you must make the transferee aware of our terms and conditions and any such transferee agrees to be bound by our terms and conditions.
Your booking is only transferable under point 4 above provided that we are given at least 48 hours written notice. In the event that you give us less than 48 hours written notice, the booking is non-transferable, as it would not leave us with enough time to update the venue, tutor and registers. Please note if you decide to transfer your booking, such transfer must be advised to us in writing (email) and is only effective once we have received signed acceptance of these terms and conditions by the transferee.
Name changes will be free of charge for the first change and charged at £25 per change thereafter.
If you are unable to attend any course due to illness, and you give us at least 7 working days notice upon receipt of such notice and your medical certificate, you will be able to reschedule the date of the course/voucher subject to availability. A £100 administration fee for all courses and a 50% fee for all one – day events. If you are unable to attend any course due to illness as such that you are either unable to attend on the day or you give us less than 7 working days notice of illness, you will lose your place on the course and you will not be able to reschedule or claim a refund as we will still be charged by our venues for your place.
In the event that the venue concerned charges a day delegate rate in respect of cancellation at anytime, we reserve the right to pass this charge on to you.
If you fail to attend any course, no refund will apply.
Please note that we accept no liability or responsibility for any costs or expenses in respect of bookings for travel, board and lodging incurred as a result of any cancellation of a course or change of venue/location within the City it was originally booked. Please check if a course is definitely taking place before making any travel or accommodation arrangements.
Our administration fee of £30 including vat covers our time, administration, delegate rate and other related costs incurred on your behalf.
We strongly recommend seeking alternative insurance to cover non-attendance of any booked course.
Nothing in these terms and conditions affects or limits your statutory rights.
Wine Courses, Tastings, One-day events and Gift Vouchers
1. Full payment must be received prior to the course start date.
2. A place on a course or a voucher enrolment is allocated strictly in the order that payment is received.
3. Gift vouchers must be used as specified on the voucher or before the expiry date if an open voucher was purchased. Vouchers can be extended free of charge for another 6 months maximum if requested prior to the expiry of the voucher date on the gift voucher. Expired vouchers cannot be redeemed as the voucher number will no longer be accessible on the back office.
4. Open vouchers can be changed to a different course type upon payment of the difference in course fee.
5. Open Vouchers are valid for 6 months and can be extended for a further 6 months. If the written request is received prior to the expiry of the voucher, this is done free of charge. If the request is received after the expiry date, a fee of £30 per booking applies to recreate and re-validate the vouchers on our system.
6. Gift vouchers are non-refundable and have no cash value however bookings can be changed to another course or person subject to the terms and conditions stated above. (Rescheduling Procedure 1 – 4)
7. All reschedule notifications or cancellations must be received in writing (email or fax).
7. We reserve the right to charge your credit card with the outstanding amount if the applicable administration fee has not been paid.
Missed class procedure for level 1 and level 2 courses:
You can arrange to sit in on any missed class from the level 1 and level 2 courses within 6 months of your original booking (subject to availability) at a fee of £30 per class. Email our offices for further instructions. No requests will be processed without a credit card payment.
Terms and Conditions
Corporate, Group or Bespoke events
1. A 50% deposit is required when booking a corporate or group event. For the purposes of the Terms and Conditions, a “corporate” or “group event” is one that has specifically been designed or put together for you and cannot be booked by other members of the public.
2. The balance for any Corporate or Group Event is payable no later than 7 working days prior to such event.
3. Cancellations and Refunds
If you cancel any confirmed Event Booking with more than 12 weeks notice then your deposit will be refunded minus £250 + vat and any other costs that have been incurred on your behalf.
If you wish to cancel any confirmed booking with less than 12 weeks notice then you will not be able to get a refund but you can reschedule your booking to another date within 3 months of the original booking date subject to availability. An additional rescheduling fee of £150 + vat will apply. Other charges we incurred on your behalf may also apply.
If you need to reschedule any confirmed booking with less than 4 weeks notice you will not be able to get a refund. You will loose your deposit and are liable for any other costs that have been incurred on your behalf that have not been covered by your deposit.
4. Any further charges including without limitation such items as any extras or other charges incurred that are not already included in the agreed event fee, are payable within 7 days after the event.
5. We reserve the right to charge the credit card on file with the outstanding amount if payment is not received within 7 days after the event.
6. All corporate events are quoted exclusive of VAT.
All the above Website and Course Terms and Conditions shall apply to you in so far as these are not inconsistent with these corporate Group or Bespoke Events terms.